Do you want to own your own business? Are you tired of having to work hard for someone else?
Are you interested in owning a business but aren’t sure of how to take the first steps to purchase one?
The first step in buying an existing business is knowing what industry you want to get into. If you aren’t sure what type of business you would like to own, it makes it much harder to find something for you. Take some time to think about these questions:
- What do you enjoy doing? (hobbies, interests, skills, etc.)
- What are you passionate about? (causes, problems to solve, dreams, etc.)
- Do you intend to be the owner operator or an absentee owner? (do you want to work in the business or on it)
- What industries do you have experience in? (past jobs, hobbies, family and friends)
- How much money are you planning on spending to purchase the business? (do you have cash, getting a loan, etc.)
- Where are you interested in owning a business? (location, location, location)
- How much time do you want to spend each week in the business? (part time, full time)
- When would you like to own the business? (seasonality, due diligence period, etc.)
There are a lot of factors to consider when buying a business. Being prepared by asking yourself and those you trust these questions and others helps makes the process better in the long run. If you are interested in purchasing a business, reach out to us and we can help you find the perfect business that you are looking to buy. As business brokers it is our job to help walk you through questions like these and then help search for the perfect business for you.
Want to know what businesses are coming up for for sale? Subscribe to our email list for exclusive information!